CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

LUKE



Meet Luke.




Luke William Coy

Born February 15, 2011

11:53pm. 5lbs. 10 oz.


He was a tiny baby from the very beginning, which, we never learned why. He was breech, version, breach, version. Always keeping us on our toes. I went into labor four days early with my water breaking on the way to the hospital. When we arrived, we found out that there was merconium in the water. He wasn't doing well, with his heartbeat dropping, and we were taken for an emergency c-section. Not my finest hour. I HATED it. But, in the end, I got my sweet and loving Luke. For which, I will always be grateful.



Luke is such a happy baby. He loves to be tickled anywhere! His favorite spots are right where his leg meets his torso. He has several nicknames: Chubs, Mr. Chubby, Baby Bear, Mr. Luke, Lukey, Baby Monkey, Lukers, and more. He loves doing anything with his big brother. He is a great eater and drinker, never afraid to try new things. Veggies are his least favorite.



He has a serious temper and has mastered the art of the temper tantrums. He is a great sleeper.
He has steel blue/gray eyes, though we are hoping they turn blue. However, we doubt this'll happen. It looks more and more like his eyes will be hazel.







He started walking on August 2, 2011... at the ripe old age of 15 mths and 17 days. He has had more sinus infections than I can count. Which I don't get as he was nursed till he was eight and a half months old.



He loves playing with cars, getting into the cupboard and chillin', and baths. When he hears the water running, he runs to the bathroom. We have to close the door now and he just stands there screaming and throwing a fit to get in. When I pull him out, he gets super angry. He loves the water.




With this new fall snow, I've taken him into it, and he HATES it. Not just a little bit, A LOT!!! He just stands there and screams. So, apparently, he is a summer baby. : ) Landon and I, on the other hand, had a fantastic time!



His newest thing: When he gets angry, he does what he wants and then looks at you, sticks out his tongue and goes, "PPPTTTTTTFFFF." Hilarious. Such an attitude.



First serious injury: When he was just a little baby, I had him locked in his car seat and tied Bailey to his stroller. Bailey ran around the yard, taking Luke with him. Needless to say, I was just sick.



First blood gusher: 11/6/2011 he bonked his gums on our end table, splitting open his gums.



He loves shoes, on his hands and feet. He loves putting anything and everything in his mouth. He loves to wrestle and be silly... and he is very, very good at both of these.


He loves his brother and follows him around like a puppy dog. It just melts my heart to see them play together. I just love it. He loves Bentley too. He just laughs and laughs at everything he does. He just grabs Bentley anywhere he can. Bentley, is not a fan.



He is also a mama's boy. If I am not sitting, he must be in my arms or must know that I am in the room. I love this.


He was named after Shawn's side, following suit with the middle name William. He looks the most like his mommy, we are almost identical babies.


He is an absolute blessing to us and we are so thankful to have our little Luke. He makes my heart so happy.



Every good and perfect gift is from above.

-James 1:17