CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Our big boy!

Landon turned three years old on Thursday August 27th, 2009. I cannot believe it has been three years since he was born. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and other times it feels like years and years ago. I look at him with amazement, awe and disbelief. I feel so lucky to have him in our lives and can't believe he is mine. Half daddy, half mommy... completely awesome!

I took his birthday off to play with my boys and get ready for his birthday party. So, Thursday we were gonna take him to the park but Landon decided he wanted to go bowling. We had a great time. The first game, daddy and I tried to play, but Landon did NOT like that. :) Grammy came and surprised him, he was so excited to show off his bowling skills (and passion for the game) to her. She loves to bowl too, so this would be a great sport for them to enjoy together! The second (and last game) we let him play by himself. This way he didn't have to wait for his turn. He enjoyed this much more!

Saturday we had a party at our house. We had Mickey, Cars and Choo Choo trains all there! Everyone came and it was so awesome to have them all there! Landon was so happy to have Cody, Emily, Peyton, Kylee and Tessa all there to help him celebrate! I made him a choo choo cake, as this is all he would ask for in the weeks prior to his big day. We ate, sang to him, had cake and opened presents. Then, it was time for the water! We put up our kiddie sprinklers and the kids had a ball. It was so fun to see all of them play and get goofy toghether. This was their first water party together. It was great to see. We are going to try to plan more water days next summer for all of the kids.

Looking back on our three years with him, they have been so amazing. He is such a blessing from God and we are so incredibly lucky and thankful to have him in our lives. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so very much. We moved him last week from his "baby room" to his "big boy room". He has slept in his big boy room since Sunday night. I had him help me move things into his big boy room and then we said goodbye, turned off the light and shut the door. I think it was a good way to show him that his baby room is no more. So far, so good! What a big boy...

I can't wait to give him a sibling... he really deserves (and needs) it! I know that this baby will be just as special, just in his/her own special way! I feel much better having Landon in his big boy room, so now he will not feel jaded if the baby had to kick him out of his old baby room!

Today I am 16 weeks! Four more weeks and we will be half way there. I am really enjoying this pregnancy. Even though, at times, I don't even feel pregnant. I still can't believe it and am in a bit of shock! I think it's because I really, really want another baby and just feel so lucky that God has decided to give us one more. Shawn leaves for three weeks on September 14th and by the time he gets home, I will be 20 weeks! It's amazing how fast time is flying by, it's pretty scary actually! This bump is growing and my body keeps reminding me, otherwise, I REALLY wouldn't believe it! :)

I love my family and can't wait for this new little one to be here!

0 comments: