CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daddy's big trip.

Well, I have survived almost three days without daddy. Although, it already feels like it's been three weeks! Being a single mommy is super tough and I give amazing praise to those who have to go it alone 24/7. It is really hard and there is really no time for R & R.

I forgot to mention that Shawn got an amazing new job with AT&T/Yellowpages.com and had to go away for training for three whole weeks. I am just thankful that I am just somewhat pregnant and not 9 months pregnant. I am even more thankful that I only have one child and that this little one is in my belly... that makes it easier.

He started Monday but had to fly out Sunday night. He gets back on Friday October 2nd and I can't wait to go and pick him up! Landon and I will make a sign and be there waiting for him! Landon will be so excited to see his daddy! This is an amazing opportunity for him and for our growing family. It has a base salary (plus commissions), he will work M-F 8-5 (approx.), he has great benefits and it's a job that Shawn is so proud of. I can't wait to have more than one day with my hubby and to enjoy nights and weekends as a FAMILY. Crazy. When Shawn job shadowed he came home and was a new man. He had a stride in his step and a smile on his face... two things I worried I wouldn't see for a long time!

We have all been praying and we are so appreciative of all of the love, support and prayers that everyone has been sending out. So, thank you! God has a plan and a purpose and has brought us through this rough time!

Last Friday we went up to Keystone and met Shawn's family up there. They rented a house and we had a blast! Landon could actually ride with us when we played golf and once we made it away from the clubhouse we let him play! Papa and Grammy actually bought him his own bag with Landon sized golf clubs! He loves them! We were able to play seven holes before the lightning and rain really set in. Then we called it a day and headed to dinner. Nana, Aunti Nicki and Uncle Jason were all there too. It was a great, relaxing time up in the mountains. Landon loved the lake near our house and throwing big rocks into it!

Then on Sunday we left the mountains and hurried home to get Shawn off to Arizona in time. Landon says daddy is in 'Ona'. Another super adorable word! Ami and Dave came over last night to keep me company and my dad is taking me to dinner on Thursday. Everyone has been so sweet and supportive. I am doing okay right now, a bit worried for a week or two from now. The worst is when Landon is in bed and the house is super quiet. I also miss coming home to him and Landon at the end of the day. It was a nice reward for working.

I will be 18 weeks on Friday and have only gained eight pounds! I should start gaining more weight here soon, so I think it's a good thing I have only gained a bit. Especially since we will be heading to Mecaso right after the baby comes! We had our 16wk appointment on 9/9/09 and got to see the baby! It was very cool to see how much the baby had grown since last time! Instead of being able to see the entire baby with the ultrasound, the doctor had to move it around to see all of the baby!

I thought I saw three lines and the doctor instantly told me that that was not what I thought it was! Shawn later said that he saw a popo... so, who knows! It was cute though, the doctor told us he couldn't show us all of the baby without seeing things that we didn't want to see! We will have to wait until February to find out what we are having! Can't wait!

0 comments: